Wednesday 5 May 2010

SHROPSHIRE EVENT

This weekend I shall be near Ludlow, running a poetry workshop for natural voice practitioners. They will be seeking to learn how to write simple lyrics for songs suitable for a-capella style singing. I am bringing a whole bagful of poetry collections, including the work of Jane Kenyon, Gillian Clarke, Diana Hendry, Michael Swan, Charles Bennett, Marita Over and Chris Kinsey, plus some anthologies for people to look through. We'll be looking at some of my own poems that have been set to song by musician Polly Bolton, and at simple verse forms, the use of refrain, the importance of simplicity. This is the first time I have worked with natural voice practitioners and I am really looking forward to it. Over the course of the weekend some of the work we produce will be turned into song and we'll all join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment